History of Saint Columban College
1957 Fr. Sean Nolan of the Missionary Society of Saint Columban (MSSC) found the Saint Columban School as the first director of the school, he starts with the first and second year high school levels with the assistance of the Sisters of Saint Paul de Chartres (SPC), namely Sr. Teresita del Niño Jesus Reyes, Sr. Isabel of the Angels Narciso, Sr. Marie Odille Cayetano and Sr. Anne Bacomo.
1958 Fr. Patrick Campion, MSSC, takes over as School Director.
1959 The secondary course is in full operation
1965 Fr. Campion comes back and the normal college and the primary grades are opened.
1967 Edmund Bahl, MSSC, is the School Director. The Grade School Department is in full operation with Sr. Eugenie de Marie, SPC as Principal. The name Saint Columban School is changed to Saint Columban College.
1968 SCC produces the first fourteen graduates of the elementary level.
1976 Fr. Brendan O’Sullivan, MSSC, serves as the School Director. The Graduate School is established with Dr. Elenita Tumala as Dean. Guidance and Counseling as the first course offered.
1977 Fr. Patrick O’Donoghue, MSSC, takes over as School Director when Fr. O’Sullivan is assigned as head
of the Missionary Society of Saint Columban in Mindanao.
1978 The Missionary Society of Saint Columban turns over the ownership of the college to the Diocese of Pagadian through Bishop Jesus B. Tuquib, who serves as Chairman of the Board of Trustees and appoints Fr. Jose Maria Luengo as the first Filipino priest to become President. Fr. Luengo composes the SCC March and Hymn with contributions from Msgr. Patricio Getigan and Sr. Agnes Lawrence Catalan.
1983 Silver Jubilee of SCC. A four-storey college building at the downtown campus and a two-room high school building are inaugurated.
1984 Sr. Anastasie Dongallo, SPC, is installed as President.
1987 Sr. Marie Renee Javato, SPC, serves as President.
1995 Msgr. Patricio R. Getigan, the Vicar General of the Diocese of Pagadian is appointed as President with Fr. Ariel Lumaad as Vice-President for Finance, Dr. Ma. Flor M. Te as Vice-President for Academics Affairs and Dr. Beverly Luceño as Vice-President for Non-Academic Affairs.
1998 Bishop Zacharias C. Jimenez, D.D. becomes President with Fr. Rey B. Mutia as Executive Vice-President and Fr. Ariel Lumaad as Vice-President for Finance, to compose the Administrative Team together with Sr. Amelia David, ICM, the Diocesan Schools Superintendent. The Middle Level Management (MLM) team is formed with the Deans of the Colleges and Heads of Offices.
1999 Fr. Rico P. Sayson is appointed as Vice-President for Finance.
2001 Fr. Foelan G. Echavez becomes Vice-President for Finance.
2002 The College of Computer Studies is established. SCC is recognized as the Center of Development and Excellence in Information Technology in Region IX.
2003 Fr. Armando S. Bayron is appointed as Assistant Vice-President for Fianance. Bishop Edwin dela Peña acts as President
2004 Bishop Emmanuel T. Cabajar serves as President.
2006 Fr. Armando S. Bayron is appointed Vice-President for Finance.
2007 Bishop Emmanuel Cabajar installed Rev. Fr. Gilbert M. Hingone as School President at the beginning of this year, and during the first semester of S.Y. 2007 - 2008 Dr. Ma. Flor M. Te and Rev. Fr. Armando S. Bayron are appointed by the School President as Vice-President for Academic Affairs and Vice-President for Administration, respectively.